A quick head’s up for anyone that’s in the market for a BTL Mortgage or looking to remortgage!
Habito is a FREE online buy-to-let specialist mortgage broker, who search the whole market to get the best mortgage deals for landlords: 80+ lenders, 13,000+ BTL mortgages!
Find out how much you could save on your mortgage in just 15 minutes… get started!
I first came across Habito a couple of months ago; they were getting a lot of media attention and praise, so it wasn’t long before I investigated the hype further…
The perks of Habito’s BTL mortgage brokerage service:
According to their sales spiel…
- 100% free for borrowers. They get paid by the lenders, not their customers (borrowers).
- They could save you £100s a month on mortgage payments. They’ll show you how much you could save on your monthly payments. Want to know if it’s better to stay with your current lender, or switch? They will check that for you.
- Whole of market. They search every lender for buy-to-let – big, small, mainstream and buy-to-let specialist. That’s around 80 lenders and 13,500 mortgages, which includes everyone from Barclays to Landbay.
- Your own expert broker. You’ll get your own personal broker to support you through your whole buy-to-let application. They’ll be there every step of the way.
- Online. No need for meetings, appointments, long phone calls or paperwork. Welcome to the new digital world of mortgages!
- Available 7 days a week. Their mortgage experts are online and ready to chat 7 days a week – 9am–9pm every day (apart from Fridays when they finish at 5pm, and Sundays at 8pm).
- Support for every kind of buy-to-let! They cover all types of buy-to-lets, including whole property lets, separate rooms, holiday lets, and portfolios of up to 4 properties.
- Trusted! They’re regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), and have a 9.4 TrustPilot rating from over 2000+ customers (at the time of writing this blog post).
If you’re interested (or want to find out more)…
Or, if you want to know more…
Online BTL mortgage broker Vs Local high-street mortgage broker
You mean, besides from the fact it’s a buttload more convenient and quicker to use an online broker? I honestly can’t think of any other notable difference. At least, nothing that affects the quality of the end product (i.e. the mortgage). That’s pretty much the basis of why I’m sharing this service, because it’s a quick and easy way of accessing quotes from a specialist BTL mortgage broker from the comfort of your own home. Long gone are the days you need to book an appointment with a local broker in your bank or high-street!
I appreciate the fact that a lot of folk are old-school, so they like the physical interaction of dealing with someone. Old-school habits die hard, I get it. No judgement from me.
I, on the other hand, am the type of person that orders bog-roll off Amazon because of the convenience factor, so using an online broker to access a few mortgage quotes is a no-brainer for me.
However, something to bear in mind when dealing with any mortgage broker, whether it be a local high-street broker or an online one, is that they generally don’t have access to the same deals. So, that means not all brokers will show you the same mortgage deals available. Some brokers will have access to more and/or better products than others.
Habito say they have access to 13,000+ live BTL mortgage deals, which, from my experience, is more than any local broker I’ve ever encountered by a longshot.
One last important factor to bear in mind is that not all mortgage brokers are free. So before you decide to work with one, get clarity on their fees!
If anyone decides to get any quotes off them, please let me know the outcome, good, bad or ugly…
Disclaimer: I'm just a simple landlord blogger; I'm not qualified to give legal or financial advice. Any information I share is my opinion based on my personal experiences as an active landlord, and should never be contrued as legal or professional advice. For more information, please read my full disclaimer.