Many landlords are STILL failing to meet the requirements of the Tenancy Deposit Legislation, which includes protecting their tenants’ deposit into a ‘tenancy deposit scheme’.
Has your landlord failed to protect your deposit? If so, you could be awarded up to x3 of the deposit in compensation on top of your original deposit.
Tenancy Deposit “No Win, No Fee” Recovery Service For Tenants
Depositrecoveryclaims.co.uk offer a “No win, no fee” service.
They take 35% of clients damages. Shelter and most other bodies’ charge 50% (sidenote, Shelter is not currently taking any more cases as they are full).
To check if you have a claim…
Deposit Recovery Claim Criteria
If you’re interested in using Depositrecoveryclaims.co.uk’s service, the following criteria must be met (and it’s the same for most other companies that offer a similar service):
- Case cannot be older than 5.5 years
- Your deposit must have been protected late (any time after the 30 day limit) or not at all
- You must have an Assured Shorthold Tenancy (other types of tenancy do not qualify)
- You must have some proof of the deposit being paid
- You must have photo ID and proof of current address
- You must have consent and contact details of all tenants named on the AST
- You must not have rent arrears
- You must not have breached their AST contract i.e. leaving early
- You must not have a valid counterclaim for the landlord such as arrears or property damage
If you check all the boxes, you can complete the claim form (by clicking on the link below), and your details will be checked over by a solicitor. The solicitor will then call you to discuss and decide whether to take the client on.