Sarah Beeny facts….
– Sarah Lucinda Beeny
– Sarah Beeny was born on 9th January 1972.
– Sarah is married to an artist, Graham (lucky guy). She has four children. Rafferty, Charlie, Laurie and Billy, and one currently on the way.
– Beeny was 10 years old her mother died of cancer
– Sarah grew up on a farm in Berkshire, in the countryside between Reading and Basingstoke
Sarah Beeny’s House
– Sarah has a home in South West London and another in Yorkshire.
– In between her first two children, Sarah suffered a miscarriage. Billy was eight months and she was only ten weeks gone.
Unusual family setup:
She’s very close with her brother, which is a good thing, because they both married into the same family. Her husband’s sister is her brother’s wife, which sounds rather biblical, but is actually perfectly legal. They were all teenage sweethearts, too: Beeny met her husband, Graham Swift, an artist, at the age of 19.
Property TV Presenter:
– Sarah is best known for presenting property shows on Channel 4, such as ‘Property Ladder’ and ‘Streets Ahead’
Property Development company:
– Sarah set-up her own property development company when she was 24 with her brother and boyfriend.
– Sarah landed her role on Property Ladder by randomly talking to someone at a party. The following day her sister-in-law rang Sarah asking her if she wanted to be the front face for a new series. The rest as they say is history.
The early days:
Before moving into property, Beeny tried her hand at various jobs including working for Save the Children, having a window-cleaning business, and selling vacuum cleaners door-to-door. Sarah’s first job was selling ice-cream. Who woulda’ thought?
– Sarah’s father was an architect so she had been on building sites all her life, that’s where she built her foundation of knowledge regarding properties.
Sarah the author:
– Sarah has written two best-selling books, both on the subject of developing property for profit.
Britain’s Best homes:
– In 2003, Sarah co-hosted Britain’s Best Homes for Channel 4.
Sarah’s News Column:
– Sarah writes a weekly column for the Mail on Sunday.
Sarah’s dating site:
– Sarah recently launched a dating site: mysinglefriend.com (I know, how randomly odd). She came up with the idea when trying introduce a friend of hers to the brother of someone at work. Sarah started her internet dating service with a pal two years ago after spending most of her life match-making friends. They both mortgaged their houses to begin the site.
– Sarah grew up wanting a boob REDUCTION. She was the first at school to get boobs and wear a bra. She was incredibly self-conscious and asked her father for a reduction. He told her to wait until she was 21 and, if I she wanted it, she could do it. It wasn’t until she met Graham that he encouraged her to wear T-shirts and tighter-fitting tops.
– Sarah is promoting BT Tradespace, an innovative new website which helps small businesses promote and market themselves. It’s like a high-powered MySpace for business.
– Sarah hates goats-cheese
If Sarah could…
– if Sarah could be anyone anyone else, she would be Darcy Bussell, the ballet dancer
Back in time…
– if Sarah could go back in time, she would never have stopped playing the piano