An increasing amount of tenants are seeking compensation from "good landlords" that have failed to comply with the tenancy deposit legislation. This may not apply to you now, but there's a good chance it might. Here's a guide on what to do if you're being threatened with legal action, but more importantly, why it's important to always be compliant.
I was recently reminded of why my tenant is awesome, so I thought I'd break the mould by being super positive in this post by sharing why he's such a good catch!
Tenant guarantors are crucial, every landlord should ensure their tenant has one. But they should NEVER be a substitute for an unqualified tenant, despite what anyone tells you.
Popular Landlord Categories
- Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreements
- DWP / DSS Tenants
- Landlord Forms & Documents
- Landlords Tips
- Evicting Tenants & Ending Tenancies
- Finances, Taxes & Saving Costs
- Landlord Legal Issues
- Managing Your Rental Property
- Marketing & Finding Tenants
- Tips For Using Letting Agents
- Complaints & Rants
- Tenant Advice
- Mortgages For Landlords
- Decorating & Maintaining BTLs
- Buying & Investing in BTLs
- Landlord Insurance Guide