Why The Fuck Do The Council Side With Rent Dodging DSS Criminals?
Why is it that when a DSS tenant falls into arrears, the local council ADVISE them to stay in the property until they are able to be legally evicted? A landlord cannot serve an eviction notice until a tenant is 2 months in arrears, and from my experience, the council are only too eager to point that out and consequently tell the tenants to sit tight until they have abused the entire 2 months and more.
Whichever top-management piss-stain conjured up this formality needs to be peeled like an onion and tossed into a bowl of vinegar. Harsh? Nah. Why? Because…
- 1) The council are paying DSS tenants benefits which is meant to contibute towards their rent. The tenant is obviously spending their allowance on other shit, yet the council are STILL giving them advice on how to prolong the eviction process, allowing the landlord to gain maximum financial losses.
- 2) Landlords are actually doing the government a favour by housing DSS tenants. Eventually landlords will refuse to accept DSS tenants because of the current corrupt system – what will the government do then?
The council can argue that they are merely informing the tenants of their legal rights. But I’m saying that’s bullshit, because I know based on experience that they “advise” the tenants to stay in the property until they legally have to vacate, and that’s strictly different than “informing” It’s ridiculous.
If there was any justice in the world, the council would:
- Stop all benefits for the rent-dodging shithead until the balance is settled
- Tell them to get the fuck out of the property, and NOT advice them on staying in the property until they’re 2 months in arrears
- Tell them to stop fucking taking the piss, because there are genuine people out there that deserve benefits
But no, apparently patting the parasites on the back and providing them with guidance on how to cause as much damage as possible is the way forward!
I remember when one of my DSS tenants was in arrears. I had full intentions of evicting her, which she made clear to the council. She was then advised by the council to get a letter of intent from me, because she was told that if she could prove that she was going to be made homeless, she could be fast tracked onto the council house waiting list. Seriously, WTF?
If it were up to me, and it’s probably a good thing it’s not, I would happily provide the rent dodger with a sleeping bag and a few empty boxes, and wish them the best of luck.
When someone is receiving benefits, yet fails to pay rent and continues to receive support from the Government, you know something is seriously messed up.
Discount Codes for Landlords!
Subscribe and get the latest blog posts and exclusive discount codes via email!
40 Comments - join the conversation...
Please leave a comment
Want FREE Landlord/Tenant advice from experienced Landlords?
Join our active Landlord community by registering to our Landlord Forum.
Learn, share and resolve your problems!